Thursday, December 4, 2008

Good day to start a blog!


Today is my 9th Anniversary with my wonderful wife Sarah! I can't express enough how much she means to me. If you've seen her blog you know that she is very good at it and comes up with so many creative things. Today I will attempt ( in smaller scale) to produce something worth reading.

On the occasion of our 9th Anniversary, here are 9 things I love about Sarah:

1. Her Laugh/Smile!
From the day I met her I was caught up in how much she smiled and laughed. It was so contagious and fun. You would think that 9 years with me would have dulled that cheerfulness, but I still get great joy every time I hear her laugh or see her smile!

2. She is the most supportive person I know!
She has always supported me in anything and everything I set out to do, no matter how insane I might seem sometimes. She is the same with her friends and other around her, supporting them even when she may not feel the same way.

3. She makes beautiful children!
Despite my participation in the process, 9 months in her belly results in beautiful, smart, healthy, wonderful children. Thanks Babe! (They are mine.... right!?)

4. She is a Friend!
I couldn't ask for a better friend (even when watching football). She listens patiently while I rant and complain about my day, and never burdens me with hers. Not only with me, but she has a special talent of befriending others. Her compassion for others is amazing.

5. Responsibility!
Sarah doesn't take responsibility lightly. If she has a responsibility, it gets done and it gets done well. This trait also drives me to do the same.

6. Motherhood!
She doesn't stop at making beautiful children, she is a wonderful mother to our three children! I don't know how she does it all day, but I wouldn't want anyone else in that position.

7. Adaptability!
She is always willing to try new things, even when they may be a little out of her comfort zone. (No! I'm not talking about that!) She'll brave her fear of snakes and go hiking, or she will eat things she never imagined she would eat. And she does it just to make me happy!

8. Strength!
OK, I can still beat her in arm wrestling and tackle football, but I'm talking about her inner strength. She is an incredibly strong woman and nothing can take that away from her. I've tried for many years to break her, but she amazes me with her conviction. I think it is wonderful how she can be so strong and opinionated, yet she doesn't offend others or impose her beliefs on others. Her tolerance of others opinions only makes her stronger in my eyes.

9. Spirit!
Sarah has an amazing spirit about her. Her spirit and receptiveness to the Spirit is the strength of our family. She lifts me up and strengthens me continuously with this special ability that she has.

Sarah never ceases to amaze me with all of her talents and abilities. It has been a wonderful 9 years with many more to come. I can only pray that I can make her as happy as she makes me!

Happy Anniversary Sarah! I Love You!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh Eric! That was sooooo sweet! Sarah is an amazing person. You are very lucky and I am fortunate to call her my friend!
Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

bloodfamily said...

Wow Eric you are quite a man to acknowledge all of those things that Sarah truly is. You are a great guy yourself.

Tina said...

Wandered over here from your wife's blog and just wanted to say: Awwwww~!

Ralaina said...

It is so awesome that you created a blog and to top it all off an incredibly beautiful tribute to Sarah. She is really that wonderful and I treasure her as my friend. You are such a neat guy and you guys have the cutest relationship and adorable kids :)
Can't wait for more posts ;D